Monday, January 26, 2009

The Year of the Ox

I love the convenient stories that pop up when I'm on Yahoo. 


Today, I saw one about what's in store for us in 2009 in the Year of the Ox (Chinese horoscope).  
I don't put much store in these things at all. 



In fact, I don't believe one bit that my destiny has been decided by the stars in the year I was born (making me a dog, by the way).  But it's funny that when I read what I can expect this year, I suddenly start trying to make it all fit.  

I'm writing a novel and my outlook for 2009 says that, well basically, I'm going to work my butt off and not really get the notoriety I'm looking for this year, but that it will all pay off next year if I listen to the advice of others, yadiyadiyada.  And suddenly, this is sounding interesting to me.    
I guess I can look at it from this perspective:  do I believe horoscopes affect my life?  No!  But can I take the pieces of wisdom from them?  Of course.  I should go through and read everyone else's as well.  I'm sure there's lots of good things to keep in mind in there.  

What do you think?
Do you believe in horoscopes?  
Is it merely the power of suggestion that throws people into a self-fulfilling prophecy?  
Or is it something more?  

Let me know your thoughts.  I'm interested.

Lauren



  


No comments: